Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ladies Who Laugh

The other week Katy and I went to the S.M.U.T Soiree hosted by The Society - an elitist grown-up sorority that requires two referrals to even apply for membership. It's full of young twenty somethings that live and work in Toronto. Well, I'm sure some of them work.

Anyway, occasionally they open up some of their events to the hoi polloi and this time it was hosted by Lainey of LaineyGossip.com. She's like our Perez Hilton - sort of. So we got dressed up, went for the free cocktails and sliders (seriously, why does every event have sliders? Where is the next popular h'or doeurve?) and of course, the gift bag.

There were at least 500 women there in this cool location in a weird part of town (we didn't get the location until the day before giving it an even more exclusive feel - I bought into it) and it was sweltering. Dior was there doing makeup, Schwarkopf would do your hair, it was the kind of event that I always work but never am a true guest at, so it was really fun to be on the other side.

The "papparazzi" were there taking photos and the following was posted on the Fashion Magazine site. This picture was snapped before I got my hair done.

I wanted to get my hair done mainly to get it off my neck in the crazy heat and I gave the stylist cart blanche. Although it's a little Bride of Frankenstein, I kinda dig it. It's different at the very least. My hair was teased and sprayed within an inch of its life and took several hours of conditioning and crying to get all the knots out.


1 comment:

  1. I wonder where more people will see that photo of us, here or on Fashion's site ... I'm guessing here.

    ReplyDelete