Friday, July 17, 2009

T&Co.

A girl always remembers her first. And my first Tiffany & Co. jewellery is the key necklace. I'm not a major jewellery person and I usually have to remind, then convince, myself to wear accessories, but I have to admit there is something special about Tiffany.

It's one of those things I didn't think I really wanted until I received it. That little blue/green bag, the pristine white ribbon - opening the box is an experience in itself. It was gift from a client and their generosity was so above and beyond. I was really touched.
I have only a couple pieces of jewellery that have significance to me and that I deem special: a sapphire ring from my aunt, a string of pearls from my father, a diamond/sapphire necklace from a love and now this piece.

A cheapie to the core, I can sometimes see the pleasure and appeal of investing in luxury pieces. You wear them differently, they mean more because you know they'll last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I am so jealous. Just three months ago I decided to purchase the amazing Tiffany key as a birthday present to myself and as my big 1-9 is only three days away I simply cant wait to have one of my own! Matching Tiffany key necklaces for family xmas/new year dinner? I think so! Everyone will be so jealous, can't wait. Also I love your blog and it is my current addiction, I love it. Keep writing cause it is keeping me entertained and I tend to find myself living vicariously through your job/life/antics. You have my current job choice as I recently decided that I want to go into event manegment, or possibly become a wedding planer cause I read a book that made it seem like so much fun. Anyway keep blogging cause I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're reading. Love that. Thanks Key...I'm sure the Tiffany Key will look awesome on you - and it's so fitting. We'll show them off at Christmas! Curious about what book you read about event planning. Once you turn 19, let's get a cocktail pronto!!!

    ReplyDelete