Sunday, July 5, 2009

General Bewilderment

My neighbour is a chef. I borrowed a Dutch Oven from her (Yeah, who knew those words meant something culinary!). I made paella in it. I returned the pot to her along with a sample of my paella. It has been a week and I have received neither a comment on the paella or my Tupperware back. This is bad, right?
__________________________

Ok, I saw another one of those stupid Coors Light billboards. Yes, I will concede that the taste of beer is affected by temperature. However, am I just a girl who doesn't drink beer and therefore cannot comprehend this ad, or does this just not make sense?

Colder than a ______________ at a ______________ convention.

????? What does this mean??? And again, it's MY job to make it cold! Grr.
__________________________

Yesterday the top part of the Statue of Liberty reopened to tourists for the first time since 9/11. When I was living in NYC in 2004, I was only allowed to go on the island, the entire statue was off limits. Since then tourists have been able to go up, but only to the base.

Why has it taken almost 8 years for it to reopen??? What could possibly happen there that couldn't happen anywhere else, in any other building or monument? I don't get it. And of course, some loser had to ruin July 4 by proposing to his girlfriend at the top, something he may very well have been waiting 8 years to do. Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. Ok.. so this is twice I've read in your posts that apparently making beer cold is "your job" and I am confused. Please clarify this as I am not a fan of being confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confusion is not cool. Maybe I just don't buy beer enough, but when I do, it's not cold. Or even if it is cold, it's my job to take it home and keep it cold. Or make it cold. I don't see why a product wouldn't focus on its taste or something else that they actually are responsible for. It's like advertising that a homemade pizza is so hot and that's why it's great. I cook it - I make it hot. Who knows - I think I have to let the beer rants go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In NYC's defense, it took them some extra time to re-open the Statue head since they first had to re-attach it after the Cloverfield monster knocked it down 12th Avenue.

    ReplyDelete