Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Segway Queen

There are few things better than getting an email from a friend mid-week inviting me to do something I’ve never done before. I wish this happened more often. Ok, there are more than a few things better, but still, it’s pretty great.

I’m a big fan of trying new things and as long as it doesn’t involve much bloodshed, I’m down. Some bloodshed is acceptable, but not a lot.

The Fabulous Five (I might start calling our little faction that) gathered at the Distillery in Toronto. Side note: the traffic situation in and on the way to Toronto is out of control. Maybe I’ve forgotten how it goes since being within a 6 minute drive of my work since April, but I hate to be reminded. It’s the WORST.

Ok, lovely Julie organized a segway ghost tour of the Distillery. I’ve never been on a segway before and other than watching Gob on Arrested Development, I didn’t really know much about them. Turns out, they are the most fun 2 wheeled vehicle I’ve ever been on!

I thought they were motorized wheelies that you operate with hand brakes – nuh uh. It’s all in the balance and your feet. If you want to go, you put the weight in your toes, to slow down, put the weight in your heels. It’s a very unusual sensation when you first get on and it takes a little getting used to. But before long, we were zipping around like pros. I want to do it again!

Naturally, we put a stop to the ghost story part and asked to just zip around. We were like a gang. With helmets. Somehow (aka I lunged for it) I got the one that was bedazzled from earlier in the day when Santa Claus rode it at the mall. I was posing and smiling all lovely for this picture as Ryan's camera took forever and then at the last second, as I was about to crash into the guy, he snapped. That is why I look possessed.
Most fun I had all week and that includes that great story Tracy told about her boyfriend’s watch. That was a gem too.

No comments:

Post a Comment