Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Online update

Attention online daters:

"I am moving to your area and am looking for a long-term relationship" is not an acceptable opening email. This is not actually an acceptable statement to utter out loud. Ever. Unless you're a mail-order bride whose original offer fell through.

Putting me on your "Favourites" list and then saying "If I put you on my favourites, then I would like to talk to you. Message me." is super-lame. Is actually just talking to someone not a viable option? Are you that nervous to make the first move? Look at mail-order guy over there - he's doing a great job at just putting it out there. You can do it.

What are these head games that girls are playing? So many guys state in their profiles that they're so tired of the head games. What constitutes a head game? Do I play? More importantly, do I win? Instead of head games, I wish everyone could just give it to me straight. We're all grown-ups here, so let's just say the truth. Originally, I thought guys would appreciate this - doesn't seem to be true. Now, I just delete without explaining that their spelling/litter of kids/unibrow is really a turn-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment