Monday, August 16, 2010

Julia's wisdom

Reluctantly, I saw "Eat, Pray, Love" last night. Probably only because I had nothing to do, a free movie with my Scene points and I wasn't in the mood to think enough for Inception.

I have 'read' the book (on tape) and probably disliked it more since her voice was really annoying. I found it to be a lot of hooley-wawa - this is a term I made up yesterday when trying to describe the movie which I found to be closely accurate to the book. Hooley-wawa is difficult to explain - just a lot of head in the clouds, zen guide to superiority, lalala, hooey, yoga will change your life, practice The Secret, lily-livered wondrousness. It's too fluffy for me. I can't buy it. Or stomach it.

Plus that vein in Julia Roberts' forehead is always so distracting.

However, I will take away one gem from those 2 hours: there is this part where Julia says she misses someone and the other person says, "So miss me. Send me light and love every time you think of me. And then drop it."

There is something very satisfying about that way of handling unpleasant feelings. Acknowledge it, but don't let it control your life or your thoughts. You have to move on. It's simple enough and we'll see how easy it is to actually follow.

I've been dwelling on someone for several weeks now and I know it's not healthy, doesn't make me happy and the worst part is that there is nothing I can do to fix the situation since the other party is unwilling to communicate and a bit of a crazy person. I've been frustrated that I can't let it go. But, now I will try this method and see what happens. I have to let it go.

So, I will try to send light and love their way. Although, it's more like send fight and loathe their way, depending on my mood, because it's a very angering situation. But, no, no, rise above, Winnie. Be the bigger, less crazy person. Let's see, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment