Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

What is acid reflux? How would I even know if I have it? There was something definitely weird going on in my throat region yesterday. I tried to quiet it with cherry Jell-O, granola, kiwi and of course a California BLT. No luck. It feels like someone put Vicks VapoRub on my larynx. Or it feels like something else that I can't really explain. I wish I could ask Ashlee Simpson what it felt like when she had acid reflux on that disastrous SNL episode. I'm sure she would be full of sage advice.

Also, yesterday I went through the day, including a couple meetings and didn't realize that one of my earrings had fallen out at some point. No one mentioned this to me. Instead, they probably thought I was a pirate and didn't know if they should bring it up. Arrr.

In seven days, I will be in Paris. I have done nothing to plan for this trip other than booking it a month ago. This is very unlike me. I have no Euros, no volt adapter, no knowledge if I even need a volt adapter, no reservations, no lists about where to go and what to eat, no packing done, nothing. I should be panicking. Or packing.

The last few nights I've gotten 10 hours sleep each night. I know, I'm a bit o' a loser. But, now that I only had 8 hours last night, I'm exhausted. It doesn't help that I was at work for 7am today.

Lately I've rediscovered the cruise control feature on my car. I always forget it's there. Driving back and forth from Toronto, I've been using the feature as STOP and GO buttons. Just as an experiment to see if it would work. It does if the traffic is right. It's fun - like being in the future or a jet engine. Or what I imagine a jet engine is like.

Is there a better way to spend a grey and dreary afternoon than this?
Girly mags (but not those kind), Sex and the City reruns, California BLT, pink lemonade and a couch. Delightful.

2 comments:

  1. If you're taking anything with you that plugs in and you plan on using it there and again when you come back then you need an adapter. If it's a hairdryer you're concerned with they may have one at your hotel. If not I imagine everyone walks around the streets of Paris with wet hair don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure French women make even wet hair look chic. But I was thinking more about my hair straightener and cell charger, if my ancient phone even works in Europe. And Ipod charger. Oh, and of course my travel toaster.

    ReplyDelete