Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ok, I will admit that I occasionally listen to 97.3 EZ Rock and in particular Delilah, who I just found out looks like this and it's really freaking me out:

The other night I heard a song I've liked for a while but finally listened to the words. It's the perfect sentiment for a love song. Nothing grand and overblown, nothing fake, just a simple request with no strings attached. Wouldn't it be nice if everything could be this refreshing and easy? No games, no expectations, just this.

Hello, yeah, it's been a while.
Not much, how 'bout you?
I'm not sure why I called,I guess I really just wanted to talk to you.
And I was thinking maybe later on,
We could get together for a while.It's been such a long time,
And I really do miss your smile.

I'm not talking 'bout moving in,
And I don't want to change your life.
But there's a warm wind blowing,
The stars are out, and I'd really love to see you tonight.

We could go walking through a windy park,
Or take a drive along the beach.
Or stay at home and watch t.v.
You see, it really doesn't matter much to me.

I won't ask for promises,
So you won't have to lie.
We've both played that game before,
Say I love you, then say goodbye.

My favourite line is not having to lie. The song is by someone named England Dan and John Ford Coley (meh) and if you don't know the song, you should listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment