Monday, March 30, 2009

Randomness

- Shouldn't these cars be taken out of circulation unless they are actually driven by plain clothes police officers? Every time I see them I immediately ease up on the gas, stop talking on my cell phone (is that actually illegal yet?), and place my hands at 10 and 2. Then as it passes me I see it's actually this lady and I get furious for being unnecessarily cautious.


- The Billot Log is a gem of modern confections. Yes, it's unnaturally pink and I'm not even really that sure what a billot is in this sense, but they are highly delicious. Perhaps, they are the root of my cavities....hmmm. But, whatever negative side effects they possess, it is my professional recommendation that you all try one...at least once.

- The Stag and Doe. We are all familiar with them. If you haven't had the unfortunate experience of attending one, then surely you've heard of their purpose. They are a blatant money grab intended to encourage your friends and family to pay for your wedding expenses.

How about this? If you can't afford to have the wedding you want, why not wait until you can? Why should I be expected to go and throw loonies at a bottle of Jack Daniel's while eating cheese squares and kielbasa while on break from my "shift" at the Crown & Anchor table?

They are always, with no exception, held at a legion hall or a Knights of Columbus hall, require guests to buy tickets, offer cheap drinks (the only upside, except that it's probably you who has to work behind the bar serving them) and people are forced to play games that yield lousy prizes and empty your pockets.

Stop the madness!!

1 comment:

  1. Totally with you ... down with stag and does! The deer are tired of being associated with such cheap and tacky shenanigans

    ReplyDelete