Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bitter. B-I-T-T-E-R. Bitter

There are several things I am good at: alphabetizing quickly, peeling carrots, driving while eating/reading/sleeping, printing neatly, remembering your name if I only met you once and didn't really like you, avoiding exercise, making a Cosmopolitan (kinda), and drawing eye balls, but only the left one.

Another thing I think I'm quite adept at is spelling. I actually love spelling and grammar and nothing makes me happier than finding an error in a restaurant menu. Sure, I'm not perfect, I know, but I'm pretty good.

So, perhaps you can imagine my anger and disappointment when I lost an important trivia question about spelling. The question was required spelling and the word was about spelling!!! Double whammy.

I am a trivia addict. It's a serious addiction that I share with my trivia other half, Kevin. We're both pretty good and make a great team as we both know random stuff the other doesn't. Plus, we both like to play geography flash card games. I don't know why no one else wants to play.

Kevin and I have a veto between us. At any point, whoever has the veto can use it to challenge the other's answer. I have had the veto power for about a year and a half. I use it very sparingly. Last night, one of the questions was: "How many 'S's are there in the word misspells?"

I was convinced the answer was 2. I mean, look at it, which looks right to you?

- mispells
- misspells

Whatever. I used my veto confidently. When the answer proved to be 3, Kevin was elated. Seriously, the guy had glee all over his face and kept rubbing his hands together in a maniacal way. He now has veto power. And I have nothing....but shame.

I am pissed! Seriously, so angry. Yes, I am aware that it's only trivia and by nature, is meant to be trivial, but come on!!

I need to get the veto power back. It's all about hand. I need hand!

1 comment:

  1. I am most amused.

    kershaw

    p.s. thanks for the b'day present. it was perfect

    ReplyDelete