Friday, May 7, 2010

Free Money!!

The BEST thing happened yesterday on my way home from work. I was driving down Main Street in the middle of the 4 lane road, coming up to a stoplight. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something fluttering on the road beside me. I looked closer and it was a $10 bill.

Since I've already told you how much I enjoy free things, I don't need to explain why I threw my car into neutral and jumped out into traffic. But it was a windy day yesterday, my friends. So, I am literally chasing this $10 bill around on the road while making cars stop for me. I finally stamped on it with my foot and it was mine. All mine. I wasn't even at all embarrassed.

As I'm sprinting back to my idling car, I see another bill floating around - a $20!!! Naturally I scooped that up too and got back in my car. If the light hadn't turned green I could have possibly found more. I was grinning like an idiot all evening.

Later, a friend asked if I looked around to see if it belonged to anyone on the sidewalk. Truth is, no, and I didn't even think about that possibility. I just drove away. Where it came from, I don't know, but I like to think it is a generous millionaire who once a day just throws bills out the window of his penthouse in the hopes that some deserving and appreciative 20-something girl will find them.

Well, she did. And she is thankful.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment