Thursday, June 11, 2009

The unrequited crush

Ok, I've struggled with the fact that I am indeed arrogant enough to say the following line, but here goes: when I decide to have an honest-to-goodness crush on someone, I am a little bit shocked when they are able to resist my charms.

It's like that line on Sex and the City: "Am I not as attractive as I think I am?" What is going on? Doesn't he realize that I've decided to project my crush energies in his direction - why does he seem to be oblivious? What happens now is that I'm in a perpetual 10th grade state. When you like someone and they don't know you exist? I'm looking at you, Mr. Welsh. When school was just an excuse to pass by his locker while hoping not to trip. (I was a gangly, all-limbed teenager - tripping was a constant risk.)

Argh - it's super frustrating. I have two choices: to step it up (which I fear may include going to the gym or pretending to be interested in snowmobiles) or give it up (which is the easier-said-than-done option). Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment