Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Goals 2009

I am a person who enjoys making lists. I enjoy crossing things off my list even more. Sometimes I'll make lists with items like: make bed, shower, wear pants, or eat cereal just so I can cross them off.

I have created a list of things to do during Summer 2009.

- go to the batting cages (I have a sneaking suspicion that while I am not very strong, I have a incredible sense of hand-eye coordination. No, really.)

- drink as much pink lemonade as possible

- go to Dairy Queen at least once every two weeks (would every week be too much?)

- have a picnic in the park (last summer Naomi and I befriended a ballsy squirrel)

- Beats, Breaks & Culture Fest at Harbourfront Centre with Katy (I expect it to be reminiscent of this hip hop sneaker pimp thing I went to in Ottawa with a friend who was way more street than I am. I stood out.)

- see "Julie vs. Julia" with Katy in August

- spend an entire day shopping up and down Queen Street - from Parliament to Lansdowne.

- visit the Toronto Zoo

- drive to Saugeen Bluffs, the best Ontario beach I have ever been to

- read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and "Love In The Time Of Cholera"

- wear as many dresses as possible. 2009 is the summer of dresses. 2008 was shorts and 2007 was skirts. Obviously.

This is an ongoing list. I'm so glad summer is here and I can't wait to get started.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to reread that lemonade comment. It's not like you to make a typo, so I'm guessing that you either made a once in a lifetime mistake, OR... you really like the word "as" and just wanted to throw it in there as many times as you could try to get away with. Just sayin'...
    P.S. I had to smile when I read about the squirrel... that was hilarious. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete