Thursday, June 11, 2009

3 Events for Three Events

Crazy week ahead with work - three major events, one of which will get us major press. What does one wear to a $75000/table gala? Or more accurately, what does one wear who won't actually be dining at aforementioned table, but instead will be setting up the spacey Barbarella decor and probably ducking out for a Big Mac while Mark McEwan serves up....well, I don't know, but likely something that is not a Big Mac.

The theme is White Hot, but I'm thinking Black Subtle is the way to go - plus I need something I can move sofas in. It's so strange going to all these VIP events and yet really being a total outsider. We will drink champagne and schmooze with the best but really we're thinking of all the work that is ahead when the last limousine has pulled away.

Another event we're doing next week is a wedding. This project has been my baby for the last six months and I've loved every minute. I think this kind of work fits me to a tee. Yes, yes, I'm Jennifer Lopez, except without the atrocious powder blue suit and that awful Jimmy Choo line.

The bride and groom are more friends than clients so I think it will be a lot of fun. It reminds me of my golf club days where technically we were working, but we spent most of the time drinking, dancing and hitting on cute groomsmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment