Friday, June 14, 2013

Zzzzzz

I've also been a person who loves mid-day naps and I've recently learned that there are three types:

1. Planned napping - taking a nap when you know you'll be up later that night

2. Emergency napping - when you just can't keep your eyes open anymore

3. Habitual napping - when you take the same nap each day

I've been a fan of all three, but my favourite is the habitual nap.  Working from home has many benefits, chief among them, the ability to plan a nap into my day.  I get into a little routine that recently has included mashed avocado and Dijon on toast while watching an old Seinfeld or Flight Of The Conchords episode, followed by the most delightful couch nap.

I fear that if I ever leave this job and have to return to the restraints of typical employment, I will be severely disadvantaged.  I will need to negotiate daily naps into my contract.

I've always had the ability to nap almost anywhere:








Once I started looking, it was surprising how many pictures I have of myself sleeping.  Weird.
I will always remember fondly a little "trick" I used to pull when I was really small, around 5 - 8 years old.  When my family would be driving home from somewhere late at night, I would fall asleep and usually awake right when we pulled into the driveway.  But I would keep my eyes closed and pretend to still be asleep so that my Dad would carry me into the house.  I'm sure he was totally on to me, but it was one of my favourite things.

1 comment:

  1. There's a fine line between habitual naps and narcolepsy...which would explain the multitude of nap shots.

    ReplyDelete