Friday, June 14, 2013

Spring Shots

This is how my spring has shaped up so far.

Optimism
 
I'm not sure what I was thinking in purchasing all this fresh produce for one small girl.  Needless to say, most of it didn't make it.  Well, I mean, it made it to the green bin.
 
 
Happiness
 
I love to see creativity like this (made with a garden hose) and especially when it's downtown.  How can you not be happy when you see this?
 
Morbid Curiosity
 
It took me at least ten minutes of intense, yet at-a-distance, staring to determine that this is a bird's head.  Dead head.  Then there was another ten minutes of wondering what had happened to the body.
 
Illegal Exercise
 
A friend and I decided to "start doing the Wentworth stairs three times a week! YAY!"  This lasted for exactly two days, and one of these times we veered a little off the beaten track and ended up hopping a train like a hobo.  We were ultimately chastised by a strict neighbour.
 
 
Surprise
 
Well, isn't that lovely?
 
Disappointment
 
We were too late.  This amazing black/bronze hutch unit was sold for a mere $13 dollars!  I couldn't believe it.  I tried everything - offered her scads of money and first born children (not mine, my friend's) but it was not to be.  She was loyal to the original purchaser.  It's probably for the best since I have exactly zero places to put it in my house.  But, still, so beautiful.
 
 
Celebration
 
There is nothing like balloons to lift spirits and celebrate birthdays, especially on an dreary day.  Balloons are the #2 thing that people can carry down the street that makes me happy.  The #1 thing is a bouquet of flowers being carried by a man.  Beam.







No comments:

Post a Comment