Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Final Products

The latest in my quest to fill the winter months with new and fresh activities took me to a pottery class at the Dundas Valley School of Art.  It was a McMaster Alumni event and I took my fellow Marauder friend, Elo. 

We tried hand sculpting, the wheel, glazing and firing our creations.  This is what my hand pottery ended up looking like after being fired in a 'more-dangerous-than-you-might-think situation:


It's a bit wobbly and will certainly make a nice pencil cup or something.  I'm still waiting on my other pottery item, but I'll save you the suspense and tell you that it's a ... bowl.

While waiting for the glaze process, we were encouraged to just let the clay speak to us and create whatever we wanted, but there was a definite emphasis on spirit animals.  Cue eye roll.

I started making a turtle, then a snail (what do these slow animals say about my spirit??) but then gave in an made a cornucopia.  The instructor wasn't impressed.  But then I also made an abstract blob. Still not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment