Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Is It Just Me?

Is it just me or is it really annoying when cashiers or bank tellers are so friendly and talkative that it prevents them from performing their work? Do they not know that the reason I'm standing in front of them is to purchase cheese or pay a bill? Perhaps surprisingly, I am not there to chat about the weather or answer questions about where I got my jacket. (Besides, I don't want to tell you.)

To clarify, I am not the Devil. I enjoy friendliness, easy conversation with strangers and occasionally dole some out myself. I like small talk just fine and my cheeks are accustomed to smiling. But I feel that if you can't do these things while simultaneously doing your work, you're jamming up my day. If you have to stop scanning an item or typing a figure into the computer in order to talk to me, I'd happily do without the talking. Multi-task people!

------------------------------------

Is it just me or is no one else wearing seatbelts in taxicabs? Why is this? Somehow when I step into a cab I figure myself invincible. Like I'm in an impenetrable iron bubble that smells like take-out. I never wear a seatbelt. I mean, I will now. Probably. Now that I've thought about it, I guess.

It's like school buses - how is it not mandatory that kids have to be strapped in? Are they just not going fast enough or is it that they're big and yellow so what kind of moron would you have to be to run into one? Or limousines - I don't even think they have seatbelts in them. Interesting. Sort of.

------------------------------------

It is just me or is this not the most beautiful brunch? Hmm, okay maybe the picture doesn't do it justice but it really brightened up my morning.

1 comment:

  1. I fully agree with the over-friendliness interfering with work...and I'm pretty friendly, plus I work at a public service desk.

    I always wear a seat belt in cabs..when I can find it. This stems from the fact that I am a bit of a dork, my Mom always insisting & the fact that we were in a taxi accident in Hamilton, when I was about 4.

    And, I LOVE BRUNCH! SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete