Friday, October 29, 2010

Hallowe'ek

It is Hallowe'en once again. Every November 1st I vow that next year I will start early and come up with a creative and unique costume that will make fellow revelers nod their head in appreciation. However, once again, like every other year, it is October 26 and I am scrambling. I considered the Paper Bag Princess, but ruled it out because it wasn't very flattering, plus I wasn't sure everyone knew who that was. So, I decided upon another character - but I won't tell you what it is just yet.


I spent an hour and $20 at Value Village and found something that I will fashion into my costume. It requires cutting and sewing, but I will likely use a stapler instead.


I realized that the last 3 costumes I've worn have had me wearing a bun in my hair. And not one of them was Princess Leia! This year to shake things up, I've got a wig. It is ridiculously large. Right now it is sitting on a paint can in my basement as I try to tame it.


This is the first year that I will be able to hand out candy as a real life homeowner. However, since I am at the side of the house, I doubt anyone will come. Which suits me just fine. I'd much rather go see a movie and then stock up on 1/2 price candy the next day. I've been so busy I haven't even carved a pumpkin this year. But, I swear, just because I'm the miser on the street, if some punks egg my house, I will....man, I wish I could follow this up with an actual threat.


*later that week*

Ok, another clue, I have just returned from Michael's where I purchased a sheet of white foam paper for my costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment