Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pot Calls Kettle Black, Gets Put In Place

It is surprising how many people misuse the word 'ignorant'. For example, the crazy woman who verbally assaulted me yesterday. Let me break it down for you.

We were getting some candles that are in the shape of pies delivered to our office - don't ask, it's ridiculous. Crazy Woman called me to ensure that I would be in the office to accept the delivery. I said I would. A little while later I went to the washroom, which is in the basement of our office. This must have been the exact moment that Crazy came to our door, which was locked. (Have you ever hung around downtown Hamilton? The weirdos will walk right in if you don't lock it.)

I didn't hear the door and when I returned a moment later I listened to the voicemail she had left. She told me that they were going to leave the delivery next door. Fine. No problem. However, then the Crazy forgot or, perhaps, was ignorant of how to turn her phone off and I was treated to a 5 minute message of her complaining about me.

"What an idiot!"
"She's so ignorant! After I set up the appointment... I can't believe her. So ignorant."
"And she was really rude on the phone too! Tsk tsk, so ignorant."

Ok, listen Crazy, that is not the correct use of that word. What is the matter with you? I was not ignorant. I was in the bathroom! If anything, I was ignorant of the fact that you were a lunatic and if I had known would not have taken a bathroom break.

So, naturally, I'm not going to stand for this. No one calls me an idiot or ignorant and gets away with it - especially when it's not true. I called her back and, I have to say, it was the most satisfying phone call. However, now I'm out of a stupid pie candle supplier because I made a big stink about telling her she lost a customer. :) Whatever. How about this: a regular pie or a candle that is not a pie? These are fine options, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment