Friday, September 17, 2010

Ta-Da!

It's taken all summer, but I have finally given my house's front a facelift. Increased the curb appeal, if you will.


I find that when I'm tackling a project, I just want to jump right in and get it done. I do NOT want to listen attentively to the Home Depot expert about how to strip the chipping paint properly or to sand everything down beforehand. No, no, no. What I want to do is maybe give the porch a sweep and then start throwing paint around. Sure, it may not last into October, but it was much quicker than the Home Depot way. Besides, have you ever peeled paint before? It's the worst of the worst.


I added my wicker, some plants, the runner carpet last week, cast iron urn and the nod to patriotism. Just like small town....Canada.


Before - 3 or 4 different colours going on


After: Ok, so it might just be a subtle change to you, but it's monumental to me. I love driving in my driveway now and it's definitely in the top 40% of nice houses on the street. 'Fo 'sho.


Hmmm, it seems that the tree has gotten smaller? The front porch has become a welcoming place for all the neighbourhood wildlife. Sadly, this guy didn't make it. I didn't know what to do with it so I left it. The next morning it was gone. Those cats are evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment