Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ok, Ok!

The natives are getting restless. I know, I know, it's been way too long since I've written a proper post, but I have reasons! Well, I have excuses.

1) Away on sophisticated European vacation. That is obviously a lie when you see pictures of the "4 star" hole I was staying in.

2) Melebration and associated preparation. As it was my birthday I really should have been sitting on a lilypad all day while people hand fed me and did all my bidding. However, since I was having a party, the Birthday Girl hat was replaced with a Hostess apron and I went a little crazy with the food spread. Each night last week was filled with rasping limes for key lime pie, shelling shrimp (which I found out is sort of satisfying, but much easier to do before you cook them), and gathering ingredients for the other 124 dishes and cocktails I had planned.

3) Hangover/clean-up/general fatigue from Melebration. This is a sure sign of age. The party and the work tuckered me out and I was in a prone position all of Saturday. Don't get me wrong, it was worth every second and I had a great time, but coming upstairs to my obliterated kitchen the next morning and almost gagging on the mango rum stench was a lot to take. :)

4) Work. Work. Work. Is crazy. Very stressful time and very frustrating time because I'm not in complete control and have to often react instead of....whatever the other one is. This month promises to be brutal and it makes me tired just thinking of it. When will my brilliant career kick in?

So, I'm back (again) and will try to be more diligent in posting. I have random notes scratched everywhere and some bad pics to post so I promise to get to it all.

But first, some "work".

No comments:

Post a Comment