Saturday, May 30, 2009

Garage Sale Finds - #2

Ok, church garage sales are the best - way better than the crap you find at homeowner ones. Plus it's guaranteed that dozens of little old ladies are unloading some gems. I'm a slight bit worried that I am picking up things that don't befit a 27 year old...I'm prematurely aging through these purchases.

"Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Shari Black has been bugging me to read this book ever since I met her. The fact that it was once an Oprah's Book Club selection doesn't help, but I will consider it this summer.

Vintage beaded clutch

Such a steal at 0.70. Super chic and reminds me of the 1920s. It's in perfect condition. I may take it out with me tonight. This was my favourite purchase today.

Tupperware pie slice holder

Last week I got the entire pie holder and now I can take just a slice with me. However, if I'm being realistic, I never just take one slice of pie. Come on. But, more classic Tupperware!

Springform pan

Barefoot Contessa always uses these. Cheesecake anyone?

Lemon juicer

My mom has one of these, but this one is much bigger. It's old school but I think they work better than those new fangled electric juicers.

Glass serving bowl

Is this too old for me? I like the shape - seems art deco or something. As long as I don't fill it with Waldorf Salad or turnip, I may be able to pull it off.

Monogrammed "M" glass

Yeah, this really pissed me off. There were two of these glasses and as I carried it around (in my springform pan) I dropped one and it smashed on the floor. (Hmmm, maybe the springform pan isn't as great as I thought.) Everyone gasped and glared at me for spoiling potential church donations. I overpaid on the other items to make up for it.

Coleman drink cooler

Isn't it required that every Canadian own one of these? Looks brand new. The next time I sneak snacks into the movie I can try to smuggle this too. It's about the same quantity as the jumbo size you'd buy there anyway. (Ok, I'm kidding, I don't smuggle food in. Very often.)

Tupperware jello mould with changeable lids

Ok, this one definitely puts me into senior citizen striking distance. But I thought, everyone likes Jell-o and maybe one day I'll want to make such a salad. With Christmas trees, stars and flowers, who wouldn't love that?

This might have been a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment