Tuesday, May 19, 2009

'Tis the season....


It is officially garage sale season and I've blocked off Saturday mornings from 8am - 10am until Labour Day. In high school, my entire bedroom was furnished with other people's junk. I thought old glass milk jugs, floral tins, wicker baskets, a VHS copy of Mighty Ducks and a rusty whisk were items that I couldn't pass up. And to get them all for 0.50 or less - what a steal!

However, those days are mostly gone, although I do still love a deal. I will be looking for the following items this summer:
- picnic baskets (one large, one small, both wicker and with checkered pattern inside if possible)

- salad spinner

- vintage necklaces and brooches

- a full set of beautiful teacups and saucers

- "Pride and Prejudice" or "Free Food For Millionaires"

No comments:

Post a Comment