Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Barefoot Contessa

I have a bit of an obsession with this woman.





Barefoot Contessa (a.k.a Ina Garten)

She is a chef (I'm using this term very loosely - I know what a true chef looks like) on the Food Network and has 6 cookbooks and legions of fans. I am one of these fans. I discovered her years ago and have since amassed all cookbooks except one. It is one of my life goals to try each and every recipe she offers. So far, I'd say I'm about 8% through. But, hey, I still have at least....75% of my life left?

I like to describe her as a friendly and plump version of Martha Stewart. Actually I've never seen someone that more embodies the phrase 'pleasantly plump'. She oozes warmth and simple joy. She lives in the Hamptons with her husband who always act like they are on their honeymoon and they have no children (maybe this is part of the appeal?).


The kicker is that she's smart as well. She used to work at the White House doing policy and budgets or something. She uses phrases like, "How simple is that? I completely adore her.

However, my dedication to her methods caused me to put coffee grounds into some chocolate icing this weekend because it "brings out the flavour of the chocolate". It doesn't. Well, at least not when the grounds are not completely dissolved. Lesson learned. Many thanks to my friends for allowing me to experiment on them. Some hits, some misses, but I'm getting better.

1 comment:

  1. if you like ina garten, you should read foodnetworkhumor.com --- its very funny!

    ReplyDelete