Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hello, are you there?

Do you have a job?
Does it involve you sending emails?
Do you have a name?

Then you should be putting a signature with your contact information at the bottom of all your emails! There is no way around it. I've had it with having to go track down someone's phone number. How hard is it to throw your stuff at the bottom?!

The only thing I can think of that is more annoying when it comes to professional communication is the time I called a company looking to speak to a specific person and was told:
"Oh, um, actually, he doesn't take calls, like on a phone. You should just, like, friend him on Facebook and talk to him that way. *gum smack*"

I stared at the receiver for a few minutes in disbelief.

I didn't have Facebook. So, he didn't get the gig. Seriously, what is wrong with actually speaking on the phone? Oh, unless it's before a first date. Don't call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment