I love going through the my day-to-day routine and being stopped in my tracks by something beautiful or amusing. Yes, it can happen in Hamilton. I'm going to try and capture those images when I can. It's the little things, people.
These things make me smile:
I stole this line from the movive "One Week", but I really like the idea behind it: I'm just looking for moments. It's easy to get caught up in everything that fills our lives, but when you try to just look for, focus on and remember the small moments, it takes the pressure off.
My favourite moments of the week so far:
- 12am laughter with an old friend - we should have been sleeping, but instead we were crying with the type of laughter that goes silent and makes your stomach hurt
- the sight of a man coming to my door with flowers
- the first bite of La Cantina's smoked salmon and spinach pasta in cream sauce
- the feel of zipping my over the knee suede boots up the back of my leg
- happily eating an entire baguette and the softest Brie with my boss and calling it lunch
For me, 2011 is all about searching for moments.