Saturday, March 20, 2010

Volunteary eyed

Fashion Week prep. Plethora of volunteers buzzing around looking for direction and their big break into the fashion industry. Luckily for them, I enjoy 'giving direction'.

And I consider it a duty to break some of these weak in - the fashion world is a tough place to be, this is for your own good.

Conversation with Volunteer 1:

Winnie Cooper - Well, I need you to know that there will be some manual labour involved, cleaning chandeliers, painting, cleaning carpets, stuff like that. Are you ok with that?

Timid - Um...yeah, I -

Winnie Cooper - Will you speak up please. I can't hear a word you're saying.

Timid - *marginally louder* Well, it's just that I...I don't know....it should be fine.

Winnie Cooper - Ok, listen. You will need to work hard and get your hands dirty. Are you up for this or not?!

Timid - Well, it's just that I have never done that before...

Winnie Cooper - What - you've never worked hard before?!

Timid - *muffled whimper*

Needless to say, she's on my shit list and her handshake was like a piece of uncooked bacon.
Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment