Monday, February 22, 2010

Colouring My World

Two weekend days, 21 cumulative hours spent taping, priming and painting.

I turned down several very kind offers to assist me in my massive project, for two reasons:

1) It is my belief that people don't actually want to do it, they're just being good friends, which I appreciate, but I don't want to make people do things they won't enjoy... if I can help it.

2) If I get their help, that means I will one day have to help them and I NEVER want to do this again! Ever.

I had no idea what I was doing and I wasn't very good at it. I was armed with a Benjamin Moore instructional pamphlet, Doritos and the Glee soundtrack (played ad nauseum). My goal was to paint my entire house in one weekend. Solo.

Two hours were spent staring at the paint chips at Canadian Tire and it turns out that I ended up picking colours very similar to the existing colours. Of course, nothing turned out the way I had hoped in my head, but there was no way I was going back to sift through more colours.

This is the old colour (bottom) and the almost identical new colour (top). Sigh.

The one good thing about spilling half a bag of Doritos on the floor: it's a work site, so just suck them up with the ShopVac. A few days later.

This was supposed to be more grey, but I think it will still look pretty slumber-y.

This was supposed to be serene and spa, but turned out to be like mint chocolate chip ice cream slap in the face. Aaah.

I'm not even close to finished, even when I got lazy and cut out the primer step on some walls. I still have the entire second floor to start.

Harumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment