I'm almost more excited about having an apartment than having a house. Moving out!! I have tenants in the upstairs apartment so instantly I have become a landlady. Yikes.In surveying my house, I have found the following features:
- stained glass windows, high baseboards, hardwood floors, French doors = all good
- ceiling fans = both disgusting
- orange linoleum kitchen floor = awful, unless they're due for a comeback
- green doors and porch accents = what were people thinking in the '40s?
- dead mouse
- low ceilings in basement = will surely result in at least two black eyes per month (watch for them)
- a bathroom mirror that only comes up to my clavicle = will surely develop back issues or an incredibly beautiful neck (watch for them)
- eggs thrown onto my back porch = it is only a matter of time before I become that crazy broom-wielding lady with curlers in my hair screaming at the rapscallions. Except my hair doesn't hold curls very well.