Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sold!!

I am a home owner!!! After looking for more than 6 months, I have purchased a house. It is old, full of character (i.e. needs some love), in a desirable pocket of a typical Hamilton neighbourhood (shut it Sammy.) and I expect that I will heart it very much.

I'm almost more excited about having an apartment than having a house. Moving out!! I have tenants in the upstairs apartment so instantly I have become a landlady. Yikes.In surveying my house, I have found the following features:
- stained glass windows, high baseboards, hardwood floors, French doors = all good
- ceiling fans = both disgusting
- orange linoleum kitchen floor = awful, unless they're due for a comeback
- green doors and porch accents = what were people thinking in the '40s?
- dead mouse
- low ceilings in basement = will surely result in at least two black eyes per month (watch for them)
- a bathroom mirror that only comes up to my clavicle = will surely develop back issues or an incredibly beautiful neck (watch for them)
- eggs thrown onto my back porch = it is only a matter of time before I become that crazy broom-wielding lady with curlers in my hair screaming at the rapscallions. Except my hair doesn't hold curls very well.
YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment