Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lalalalalala Tonight!

It has been a long time since we have done it up right. Goodness knows, I've done it up wrong several times lately, but tonight I am hopeful. We have a good mix of people, an occasion to celebrate (the first annual Elopalooza) and a place to do it. I also picked up some champagne, Edam and tapenade - all I have to add is a slutty outfit and some "Yeah" by Usher and we're all set. I joke, Mom, I joke. I'll wear corduroy.

I love having those days when I am able to spend the entire day prepping for the night. Spa bubble bath, running errands to collect everything needed, multiple outfit skimming - it's the best type of indulgent day and to end it off with a crazy night with my friends...doesn't get much better.

I have been warned against the champagne. In fact, someone cruelly said I was a "doorstop" the last time I had the bubbly stuff. But this is the new MelMac. New priorities, new plans, new cocktails. I'm adding some orange juice this time. Aha!

Here's to a fabulous night where all the stars align - the perfect buzz, the smashing skirt, the well-placed cab and the wonderful friends who are even more wonderful after a few. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment