Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Remember Me" by Diana Ross

This song was introduced to me by my fabulous boss Rob this past year. He wants this song to be played at his funeral. It's originally written as a break up song, but would be a great tribute. I love the idea of meaningful songs played at funerals instead of just hymns. Like in Love Actually.

Anyway, as I was listening to it again tonight with him, I listened to the words. It is almost (save for a few lines) the most perfect song to express the feelings after a break up. Or at least an amicable one. It has everything I wanted to say and is so nostalgic, yet positive. It is the kind of song that could easily send me into tears...of sorrow or joy, depending on my mood.

There are songs about almost every situation and every emotion, but I've been noticing a serious lack of songs that describe things people like me actually go through. Sure, I also go through "Love Sex & Magic" and "Poker Face", but where are the songs about:

- the excitement of a first date
- the thrill of a second date with someone you actually like
- the dread halfway through a date when you realize he isn't funny or all that interesting
- how most relationships are 75% text message based
- juggling friendship and nostalgia with an ex
- the delicate act of breaking up with a friend
- the Billot Log

2 comments:

  1. "Remember Me"... a great song by Diana. For more info on Diana, check out Dick's Diana Ross Website at http://raketler.angelfire.com/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I feel my spider sense going off...

    ReplyDelete