Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Randomness

Trivia. Sigh. We started out strong last night, even in the comfy fireplace chairs. However, we lost it pretty quickly. I blame the lighting - it was all off. I have to get in the zone and everything has to be just right. No, the irony of the word 'trivia' and how seriously we take it is not lost on me.
---------------------------------------------
Today was a productive day - yearly physical and an accompanying tetanus shot. Seriously, why? Every 10 years? Does this really prevent anything - and am I really traipsing around rusty nail yards. Although, I could go for a Rusty Nail right now.

My doctor is pretty chill. He's from South Africa and I like to listen to his accent. His receptionist is a little too frosty for my taste, but she lets me take off my sunglasses when I'm getting weighed.
---------------------------------------------
After the doctor visit, I decided I needed a treat so I headed to the Vachon Factory Outlet. Yes, people, this does exist and it's worth the trip to Nash Road. Dentist be damned, I piled up my arms with Billot Logs and Flakies (all about $1.49 a box!) and then....brace yourselves....I saw a very interesting development in the boxed pastry arena.

Maple Billot Logs.

Yes. For those days when you want to feel a little more Canadian.
---------------------------------------------
I just watched "Tropic Thunder". I had heard really good things about this (Dru, I'm looking in your general direction) and was super disappointed. It was an enormous waste of time. If I hadn't already committed to a day of loafing around...

1 comment:

  1. I think your mistake may have been watching a frat pack movie with any expectations at all, let alone high expectations :)

    ReplyDelete