Wednesday, February 27, 2013

They Do.

2012 was a big year for weddings in my life - two sets of my closest friends tied the knot and I was honoured to be involved in both.  I've already posted about being the Maid of Honour for Naomi & Tim and on December 29, 2012, I was the emcee for Ryan and Julie.

It's no secret that I enjoy having a microphone in my hand and certainly thrive on attention, but being an emcee was even more fun than I could have imagined.  It certainly helps that I am close friends with many of the people in the room and that the wedding came off as an intimate and warm affair, the perfect breeding ground for calming nerves and rolling with the punches.


Look how beautiful these two are. Seriously.  I had a line in my speech about them looking like a Michael Kors ad.  And I meant it.

I found the most perfect wedding card for them.  Here is them, dancing their first dance:


...and here is the card I found:


Go ahead, just try and find a more fitting card!

The wedding was held during that fantastic time of year between Christmas and New Year's Eve - the holiday hangover where days are lazy and long.  It was held at the beautiful Paletta Mansion in Burlington.


After the "hard" part was over, we all let loose and somehow I ended up being befriended by some dancing children.


Ryan and Julie sent me some proofs taken by their photographer that I feel really capture my night so perfectly.  These five pictures were exactly how it all went down:

The Best Man and I shaking a tail feather to our signature song.

My mom thought this picture looked like a scene out of a French perfume ad.  Love that.

The most awkward and robotic poses.

Yep, this is how I emcee.


Congratulations Dr. and Mrs.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment