Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Perrier Perfection

I've never really enjoyed sparkling water.  In fact, my first cosmopolitan trip away from home at the tender age of 13 found me in Montreal, surely the chicest and coolest Canadian city in my eyes.  And to blend in with all the chicness, I casually ordered a Perrier.  At the mall, no less.  This was a big deal - and one that I thought cemented my entry into mature adulthood.  However, sitting around with grasshopper legs, massive Brooks sneakers and posing with it as a prop diluted the facade somewhat:


When I actually went ahead and tasted the sparkling water it was the most vile thing I'd ever had.  I had not yet tasted Campari.

To this day, I'm not really a fan - it seems like they forgot to add an ingredient to cut the bitterness.

Nonetheless, I always enjoy a visually stunning and captivating commercial and they are few and far between.  Remember that one a few years ago for Mercedes with this rich woman at a pool?  Maybe it wasn't Mercedes.  Anyway, if I could track that down, I'd be thrilled.

This commercial screened before my YouTube clip of Blessid Union Of Souls' "I Believe".  What?  It's a gem of a song.

Feast your eyes:

No comments:

Post a Comment